Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Mahendra Swarup, son of late Chitramal Swaroop (Ustad)


Mahendra Swarup, son of late Chitramal Swaroop (Ustad)

His father, Late Chitramal Swaroop (employed with Indian Railways), is the angel who gave my father ‪#‎AnandBakshi‬ shelter, hope and encouragement when he arrived in Bombay in 1956 but had lost all his hope and money of making it in films and wanted to return to his Army job.

Had Late Chitramal Swaroop not encouraged my dad and given him shelter, maybe Hindi cinema would not have discovered the lyricists they soon came to know. Had 'Ustad' not helped my dad then, my father would have returned to his Army job and probably retired as, maximum, a Subedar, as he was educated in school until only the seventh class.
With affection my father addressed him as 'Ustad' guru. Ustad never asked my father for a favor in his lifetime.

#‎RakeshAnandBakshi‬ ‪#‎DirectorsDiaries‬

Grandson of late Chitramal Ustad: Rinku Swaroop

No comments:

Post a Comment